Benefits of the Hopeful Beginnings Program: Adoption CounselingWorking with an adoption agency is very important to making sure that you receive the adoption counseling and education you need during your unplanned pregnancy.
Through the Hopeful Beginnings Program, We Offer You:
- Confidential maternity and adoption counseling for you and any support person to help you better understand your options and guide you through the decision-making process.
- A counselor to help you understand your adoption and parenting options as well as your birth parent rights and responsibilities.
- The opportunity for you to choose the baby’s adoptive parents who are required to pass criminal background checks, undergo a comprehensive home study, and be educated in adoption and parenting.
- The option to meet the adoptive family prior to and following the baby’s birth. You can choose to have continued contact with the adoptive family and child through pictures, letters, phone calls and meetings.
- Financial assistance with living expenses, medical bills, maternity clothes, etc. that are appropriately allowed by Illinois law.
- On-going adoption counseling following placement to assist you during the healing process and help you reach your life goals.
- The option to speak with other birth parents who have been through your journey.